Saturday, January 7, 2012

the help

I saw this movie.
Have you?
I watched it for the first time last night. It was OH-MAZING. It shows how to love your enemy even when they don't love you. That's what I love about this movie. The love. It's perfection. :) haha Here's the description (via here):

At the dawn of the civil rights movement, three Mississippi women are about to take one extraordinary step. Twenty-two-year-old Skeeter has just returned home after graduating from Ole Miss and her mother won't be happy till she finds a husband. Aibileen, a wise African-American maid and caretaker suffers after the loss of her own child. And Minny, Aibileen's sassy best friend, struggles to find and hold a job. Seemingly as different from one another as can be, these women will nonetheless come together for a clandestine project that will put them all at risk.
I cried (it's not like I mourned..) every time they repeated this. Something about a little girl and someone who is not even her mom telling her this is just so AMAZING. I'm already feelin' the love!! :)
I'm sorry, The Help has just been on my mind all day so I had to write about it. :) It's also a book you know... Saw it at Costco yesterday (yeah...I chill out in the book section while my mom shops. Fun stuff.) I think I must read it pronto monto. Okay? Okay.

emma

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS MOVIE SOOO MUCH!!! Can't wait to read the book!
    "You is smart, you is kind, you is important"
    ~Isy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Each and every one of them are read and are stared at for hours (I love them that much, yes). If you have a question, feel free to leave it here & I'll answer it as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...