Monday, September 12, 2011

who i am

Been there- done that. Haven't we all? I used to think I was from planet Mars because I thought I was so weird.
But the truth is...
I am weird.
And I'm proud of it.
They should have t-shirt with that on there, shouldn't they? "I'm weird and I'm proud of it." Anyway, back to what I was saying...
I wanted to be normal. I wanted to blend in. I wanted to be another red apple on the tree but I always was the green one. And this is what always was in my mind,
"God, why did you make me, me?"
I continued on my quest to "normal" until I eventually couldn't find "normal" because I got to the point where I was like, "What is normal anyway?" And then I was reminded of this verse...
The Lord does not look
at the things man looks at.
Man looks at the outward appearance,
but the Lord looks at the heart.
-1 Samuel 16:7
That's what really showed me that God doesn't care about what I look like, just what I hold in my heart. I know for us girls, we care about who we are and what we look like but God doesn't see us that way. He sees us as "peculiar treasures" (like they say in the Christy Miller series, by Robin Jones Gunn).
So from now on I'm just going to be
Me.
Not somebody else.
Just me.
Plain, weird, me.
I know the world says that I should be something else. But I don't want to be what they say I should be, I want to be what God says I should be. Isn't that what matters most?
Besides, being normal is boring. Being me is what I like to do. :) So I encourage all you "normal-wanna-be's" to be yourself. God created you that way- to be you. So live like it! Don't pretend to be somebody you're not because God loves you just the way you are. :)
-HappyHands

1 comment:

  1. This has to be one of my favorite posts from you, because this is just beautiful. :) And it's so true!!! But, that is why we shouldn't judge anyone. Because they are just being themselves. LOVE this post!! <3 <3 <3
    ~I

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Each and every one of them are read and are stared at for hours (I love them that much, yes). If you have a question, feel free to leave it here & I'll answer it as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...