Alrighty, here's the promised tutorial on how to get that embroidery piece onto that card. It's a pretty basic tutorial and it calls for pretty basic tools- so it's pretty basic. :) So what you'll need is:
- A Card (or card stock that you can fold and cut into a card)
- Embroidery piece (mine is from the pattern Scandinavian Birds I designed by the Split Stitch)
- Glue (glue sticks wouldn't work for this project)
- Felt (I used a cream color)
- Embroidery floss (that would match up with your embroidery piece)
First, place your embroidery piece on top of your card. Trim it a little bit, if needed, to the size you want it at.
Place the embroidery piece on top of felt. Cut around. Use picture above as a guide.
It should look something like this- your embroidery piece now has a felt frame. :)
With your coordinating embroidery floss, use the running stitch to sew the embroidery piece down onto the felt.
It should look something like this.
With your glue, coat the backside of the felt. Be generous but don't soak.
With a little scrap of felt you can smooth out the glue. If you're not the messy type, you can use the side of a tooth instead.