Monday, August 1, 2011

DIY Cardboard Spools tutorial

I've been winding up some embroidery floss to take with me on a missions trip I'm going on next week (oh yeah, beware, I won't be here to blog next week. Just to let you know...). The kids there love to make friendship bracelets so I decided I needed a way to wind them up on a spool instead of just bringing them in their... before you wind them on a spool thing. Anyways, I didn't want the floss to get tangled because when there's knots that means less friendship bracelets and when there's less friendship bracelets there's less fun! I didn't have any spools around for me to wind the floss on so I decided I would have to get creative (hee hee) and think of something that would work. This is what I came up with-- an inexpensive cardboard spool. Now, that's what I call imagination. hee hee :)
So instead of keeping this idea to myself, I thought I would share this wimpy little tutorial on how to make your very own cardboard embroidery floss spool. Okay, here's what you'll need:
  • Cardboard
  • Embroidery Floss
  • Scissors

First, you'll need to cut out a square out of your cardboard. See picture below.

Then, cut two slots at the bottom of the spool towards the center. Don't cut too far up. See picture below as a guide.
Next, slide the end piece of the embroidery floss into one of slots. Now wind around.
And there you go! Your cardboard spool. :) hee hee
-HappyHands

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Each and every one of them are read and are stared at for hours (I love them that much, yes). If you have a question, feel free to leave it here & I'll answer it as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...