Monday, May 23, 2011

Let me introduce myself...

I was origianlly going to post my recent finished crafts today, but I came to a thinking. You barely even know anything about me! So, today I'm going to give you the scoop of my craft making history. So let me introduce myself...
As you already know, my name is Happy Hands. When I was younger and my grandma would come down for a visit, she always had me do a project. One of the earliest I can remember was sewing. The first project I can clearly remember is sewing a baby blanket for my little brother, who at that that time was a little infant, but as of now, a much taller young boy. :) I loved sewing for a long while after that, then all of sudden (for reasons I do not know why) I stopped. :*(
In a recent vist from my grandma, she literally got me hooked to crochet and pinned down to embroidery. I'm crazy about crochet amigurumi and freestyle embroidery and now I've got ideas popping out my brain for making my very own crochet patterns, embroidery designs, and other projects. (Thank you grandma!) Down below I've taken a few pictures of some my crafts I've done to give you a feel of my crafty style. :)
This is an amigurumi pair of cherries pinned up on my bullentin board. I got this free pattern from Nelly Pailoux's blog, la fee crochette. You can find her link under my "Crafty blogs" section.
These are a my replica of Matryoshka dolls. These are made from clay and then, once dried, I painted them. The tallest one is almost 2" high and the smallest a little over an half an inch.
Embroidered felt creatures! If you're wondering what the guy is in the corner with a mushroom cap, that's a gnome that has a mushroom hat instead of a tall pointy one. :)
And this here, is my very own embroidery design. I'm really happy how it turned out. Oh, and by the way, I've been crazy about turning tree roots and vines into hearts. I don't know why. :) hee hee
Well, there you have it! Now you know a little bit about me and I feel more comfortable posting my random crafts that I make 24\7. hee hee :) Have a great crafty day! :)
-HappyHands

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Each and every one of them are read and are stared at for hours (I love them that much, yes). If you have a question, feel free to leave it here & I'll answer it as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...