Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cupcake Pincushion

Today, I give you this cupcake pincushion project! This fella here is a sweet little pal to embroider and sew with (as well a great guardian of your pins and needles. :). Down below are directions on how to make one of your very own! :)
What you need:
  • Embroidery floss in dark pink, light pink, blue, and black. Or you can use color choices of your very own. (I used DMC embroidery floss colors 3712, 3713, 310, and 807.)
  • Scissors
  • Stuffing (you can use the insides of old pillows that don't have any use for anymore)
  • Needle
  • Pink and blue felt (or you can choose your own colors)

Preperation:

With blue felt, cut a strip 7 1/2" across and 2" high. This will be the "cupcake holder". With pink felt, cut one circle 2 1/2" inches across. With blue felt, cut one circle 2 1/2" across.

With pink circle, embroider "I [this is a shape] HEART CUPCAKE." Below, you can print the "I HEART CUPCAKE" design and transfer it to the pink felt to embroider on. Embroider the 'I' in black, the heart in dark pink, and the 'CUPCAKE' in blue. With blue strip, embroider with black floss a smiley face. You can use the very top picture as a guide.
Next, with blue strip use one ply of blue floss and sew together the ends. I used the whip stitch.
Using whip stitch, sew on the pink embroidered circle using one ply of the light pink floss on the top.
Turning cupcake upside down, use one ply of the blue floss and whip stitch the blue circle on the bottom. Once about halfway around, stuff the cupcake. Try to overstuff it a little bit so, once flipped back over, it will appear a "poofy" cupcake. :)
There you go! Your very own cupcake pincushion! I don't know about you, but whenever I see this happy cupcake, it just makes me smile. :)
-HappyHands

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Each and every one of them are read and are stared at for hours (I love them that much, yes). If you have a question, feel free to leave it here & I'll answer it as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...